Jowar is among the healthiest choices you can make for your daily carbohydrate intake. Given a typical balanced diet comprises 55-60% carbohydrates, you can have one or one-and-a-half servings of jowar twice a day, either at breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Here is some simple recipes for you
1. Jowar chakli recipe using instant jowar chakli mix
- Instant jowar chakli mix
- Chilli Powder
- Add salt and chilli powder to the instant mix based on your taste.
- Heat 2 table spoon oil and mix the hot oil to the instant mix before adding the water. Mix it well to avoid lumps.
- Add 3:1 hot water to the mixture and let it cool.
- Add normal water little by little to the mixture to make the soft chakli dough.
- Apply oil inside the chakli maker and shape the chaklis.
- Deep fry the chaklis on low flame till reddish brown.
- Serve the delicious and crunchy chaklis
2.Jowar khichdi using the khichdi Jowar
- Khichdi jowar
- Green chillies
- Mustard seeds
- Veggies (carrot, peas, beans ) as per your choice.
- Wash khichdi jowar twice in clean water and pressure cook by adding 1:6 water for 10-12 whistles.
- In a pan add oil and tamper mustard seeds, cumin, green chillies, ginger, asafoetida and peanuts.
- Add veggies (boiled / raw) and curry leaves and saute them till they become soft.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and cooked khichdi jowar with water and cook in low flame for 10 min or till it becomes little dry.
- Add little jaggery and grated coconut and switch off when the khichdi is little soggy. The water is absorbed once cooled little and then serve.
3.Jowar idli recipe
- Jowar Rava
- Urad dal
- Soak one cup of urad dal for around two hours.
- Grind it to paste
- Wash 3 cups of jowar rava twice in water. Drain the water and mix with urad dal batter and keep for 4-6 hours or overnight to ferment.
- Note : Allow for fermentation based on your weather. In cold weather it takes little more time than in hot weather..
- Add salt to the batter based on taste and oil the idli plates and put it for cooking. Cook for 15-20 min.
- Soft healthy and yummy idles are ready to serve
Any lifestyle change is a “work in progress.” Lasting changes take time. So, begin by setting small goals that are easy to add to your daily life and that you can control. Wellness and fitness involve being aware and making healthy choices about diet, exercise, and staying positive. This is the most important investment you can make in your life. Strive for the best health you can have in all areas of your life by making mindful, healthy choices .