Two egg Shakshuka with a twist
This recipe is a tad different from the original Shakshuka recipe. In this, some flavours have been eliminated and some have been added. The kale gives a nice flavour and colour. It can be had as a sunny side up or even as an omelette by filling the Shakshuka inside it.
- Olive oil : 1-2 tbsps
- Big tomatoes finely chopped : 2 or 3 if the size is small
- Finely chopped green chillies : 1-2
- Coriander leaves
- Some seasoning like oregano or even pizza mix or any fresh herbs(Tip: Rosemary is a personal favourite)
- Crushed pepper(Adds a little something extra)
- Salt to taste (Tip: Sea salt is another personal favourite)
- Tomato ketchup/a spicy tangy tomato sauce/sweet and spicy sauce
- Kale leaves
Sauté the tomatoes in the olive oil till they become mushy. Add all the other ingredients, sauté for a couple minutes. Break the eggs like how you would for sunny side up and add some extra pepper and salt to the yolk. You could add cheese or herbs or anything that you like. Cover it with a lid and lower the flame till the yolk is slightly cooked.