Ingredients for Gongura Pappu
Toor dal -1 cup
Gongura leaves -1 cup 250 -300 grms
Onion – finely chopped 150g
Garlic -1 tbsp (crushed coarsely)
Green chillies -2
Coriander leaves – 80g
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder -1/4 tsp (optional)
Salt – Sprinkle it to taste
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Red chillies – 1 to 2 broken
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Oil – 4 to 5 tbsps (Coconut Oil enhances the flavour of the dish)
How to cook Gongura Pappu
- Seperate sorrel leaves from stem , wash them preferably with salted warm water to remove the dirt.
- Chop them coarsely and set aside.
- Boil the soaked dal adding a little salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the tempering ingredients. When they crackle, add the crushed garlic. When it gives out a nice aroma tip in the sliced onion and green chillies. Saute until it is light brown.
- Now add the gongura leaves and coriander leaves.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder.
- Add the boiled toor dal.
- Stir well to mix everything.
No products were found matching your selection.
Products may be out of stock or delivery day selection does not match with any